Wednesday, April 25, 2012

my thoughts on wichita falls, tx so far.

I have now been living in Wichita Falls, Texas for a little over a week. Six more weeks and we move to Ft. Worth. I'm going to be honest when I say.. I cannot wait to move.

I was not born to live in a small town. I know there are a LOT of people who love living in small towns but I am just not one of them! I don't know why I'm just not.

887964eb

I need lots of things to do. LOTS. I need malls, and pools, and zoos, and children's museums, and regular grocery stores, and lots and lots of people. 

That's how I was raised. I grew up in Orange County, California where there are a LOT of people and that is how I like it.


d297b581

Now here's the thing, the bugs in Texas are OUT OF CONTROL! I mean come on! Why do there have to be so many bugs? My husband constantly is making fun of me because I am always talking about them. They freak me out.

If I'm going to be dealing with all of these bugs. I want to be in a fun place. Like Ft. Worth of Dallas. Where there are lots of things taking up my attention other than the bugs.


cd10101c

ALSO, our apartment backs up to the freeway. No joke. You walk out the back door and it's about 15 feet until you're standing in the middle of the freeway.. with no fence..  um hello? how is my child supposed to play outside while at home? She absolutely doesn't get to. It would take her literally about 15 seconds to be on the freeway. AH just the thought stresses me out!!

Today I drove through Sonic to get a drink and as I'm waiting I see a girl squish a moth with her hand wipe it off and then grab my drink and hand it to me. I almost threw up a little. But I drank my diet coke because that's what addicts do. HA!

But anyway, I can deal for 6 weeks. I hope. I just very much look forward to moving to Ft. Worth!
21627f3b

2 comments:

Heather said...

I laughed out loud at your comment about bugs in Texas...And I should advise you not to come to the Texas gulf- our mosquitoes are the size of a small bird. ;)

Ashley said...

That is scary about the freeway and yuck about her squishing the moth and then handing you your drink.