Okay, I know a lot of you wanted to know the exact details of that cleanse that I did.
So here it is finally. Sorry that it took so long!
Routine: 8 days
Every morning when you wake up and at night before you go to bed you need to drink the "long life cocktail"
It's one ounce of real "just cranberry" brand cranberry juice in 8 ounce of water with 2 t of psyllium husk.
Walk 30 minutes morning and night every day
3 meals a day: 8am, 1pm, and 6pm *NO SNAKCS WHATSOEVER*
Don'ts: red meat, dairy, sugar, starchy vegetables(potatoes), wheat, starch, vinegar, or salt
Do: Veggies, fish, quinoa, oats, bulgar, long grain brown rice, chicken (hormone free), cold pressed olive oil, salt free spices.
I'm going to give you one more recipe of this amazing squash chicken thing I made. Also, if you want some other salad or soup recipe ideas just email me and I'll send them right over! :)
Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa
1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (optional for cleanse)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (14 ounce) petite diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Steam the butternut squash until barely tender, about 10 minutes. Remove half of the squash pieces and set aside.
2. Steam the remaining squash until very tender, an additional 4 to 6 minutes. Mash this squash with the back of a fork. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth to a simmer.
4. Add chicken breasts, over and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer the chicken to a place and allow to cool. Pour brother into a medium-sized bowl.
6. Return the saucepan to the stovetop and lower heat to medium, Add olive oil.
7. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is starting to brown. 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Add minced garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring for 1 additional minute.
9. To the saucepan, add tomatoes, butternut squash pieces, mashed butternut squash pieces, mashed butternut squash, Stir to combine.
-10. in reserved chicken broth and quinoa. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa turns translucent, about 15 minutes.
11. Shred the chicken with your fingers or a fork.
12. Stir the chicken and pepper into the stew and simmer, uncovered, to heat, about 5 minutes.
13. Stir in parsley and serve.