Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day At The Park

Today was such a nice day that I could not just stay inside. So I called up my sister-in-law Marilyn to see if she wanted to go to the park. It was the perfect day for the park!

We walked around this cute little lake. It's so nice to have people to go on walks with. I love to talk and hate to exercise, so if I can talk while I'm getting exercise then it makes it that much better! So we talked and walked. I forgot to put sunscreen on Brooke so we didn't walk for very long as I was paranoid that she was going to get sunburned and that would have just been awful!

So after our walk we went over to the play ground where I put B in the little swing. She is finally big enough now where she enjoys it. And boy does she enjoy it. She was just smiling and talking away as she swung back and forth. It makes me so happy to see her so happy. This girl really does love being outside which makes me happy.

There were a good amount of kids at the park which I actually really like because Brooke loves to people watch. Now, there is a little part of the park that has a little water squirter so there were some kids with swimming suits on. Now, I in no way mean this to be mean, but there was a little girl there about 10 who would be considered overweight and her mom had her in this little bikini. And I personally feel that if you are comfortable then whatever. But kids are cruel, and I just know that one of these days someone is going to say something to her and she is going to have some pretty hurt feelings.. I think that is a parents responsibility to help your children dress to their bodies. But that's just me..

So after the swing we laid a blanket down and just sat under a nice tree. Brooklynn loved feeling the grass in her hands. It the same thing when my hair is in her reach. She will just brush her fingers through it very gently. It's so cute. She was doing that with the grass today. It's nice to see that she doesn't seem to be allergic to the grass. Because that would be a big time bummer.

So all in all it turned out to be such a fun time at the park, but let me end off by saying this one thing.. I hope none of you are in a car when a dog fart because it sucks...
hahah. Love you little Max!













1 comment:

kristenplumb said...

She is sooo cute!!! I love the pictures. What a fun park day!