Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bass Lake 2010

Alright, so I didn't blog every day at Bass Lake like I wanted to so here is my post with everything about Bass Lake and a million pictures to go with it! Bass Lake was so much fun, as it always is. Even though it was a little different for me since I could not go wake boarding or tubing, but like I always say, it is a very small price to pay for what I am getting in return! Plus, there is always next year! So this year I took a lot of pictures and talked to a lot of people. It's so much fun to catch up with all of my cousins and see what is going on in their lives. It is also nice to see all of their kids that I don't get to see that often. 

The sleeping arrangements are always tight since we have a pretty big family, so since Curtis wasn't there I slept on an air mattress on the floor of the room my parents were in. Being 7 months pregnant and sleeping on an air mattress doesn't make for great sleep. But I was prepared to be uncomfortable so I was ready. What I wasn't prepared for was my Dad's horrible snoring! I didn't get much sleep but I still had a great time! 

Once every week my mom, Janice, and I (and Ashley if she's there but she wasn't) go into town and go to this cute little shop called Frameworks. They have a lot of different random things from candles to furniture. We always get a few souvenirs. This year I got one thing which was a really soft stuffed animal dog for Brooklynn. I think she's going to love it. :) While checking out my mom and sister can never pass up the caramel chocolate candy. They look forward to them every year. I don't really like candy so I have never had them but apparently they are amazing!!

So the rest of the week was filled with fishing, laying out, swimming, playing games, and spending time with family! The only thing missing was Curtis and he was VERY missed!

I told you I had a million pictures so here they are! I'll explain a few as they go down although some are pretty self explanatory.  Here we go...
Carson is not the best eater.. so whatever it takes to get him to eat we are all okay with. 

This is pretty much what Hedrix wore all week and I am in love with it!

Papa taking some time to relax!

This is the cabin from the dock.

Grandpa always has a project going on.


How cute is this boy?? man.


My ride on the boat.. I look really awkward because I'm sitting on my foot in case we hit any bumps so I could cushion it. I'm not trying to go into labor at 28 weeks...


They loved playing with their cousins!

Hanging out with Kris and Hendrix at the relaxation station!

Hendrix thought the boat ride was loud.


The picture below this one is a better picture but I love all their different faces in this one! So funny!

My cute boys! I love my nephews!

My dad felt that Brooklynn needed a picture at Bass Lake. haha


My mom and dad. :)


Grandma and Grandpa. I'm pretty sure they have been coming every summer for OVER 40 years!


Everyone in our I love Bass Lake T-shirts!


A present for Grandma and Grandpa!


Their great grandchildren!

The oldest and the youngest sons!

So that's was Bass Lake this year. I am so thankful to have grandparents who have made so many traditions for my family. It keeps our family close and I am so thankful for that! They are amazing and so is my family! Until next year...

No comments: