Friday, August 19, 2011

a few thoughts on life and teething

First I want to talk about how much I love that Brooke is loving this toy again. We got it when she was 2 months old and she would just lay under there and stare. Then when she was able to reach she loved it even more. Once she was mobile is just sat in her room and was never touched. However, we pulled it out the other day and she loves it more then ever now. She can sit on there forever like she's in a jungle. It's pretty funny.

Next, Brooke's uncle Alex left yesterday to go back to ATL to get ready for his mission. In a couple weeks he will be going on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to serve the Lord for 2 years. We are going to miss him a lot but he is doing the right thing and we are so proud of him. We had to take a photo of him with baby B since next time he sees her she will be almost 3! Can you believe that?? This will be a funny photo to look back on!

Lastly I wanna talk about teething. Brooklynn is definitely getting her one year molars. It is breaking my heart to see her in pain. She has developed a runny nose with it. 

Every night for the past 4 nights she has woken up 2-4 times a night. 

Mind you she has been sleeping through the night since she was 2 months old so this is very odd. I mean she's woken up in the night randomly before but she would just play in her crib. This is something totally new. She wakes up hysterically crying. It breaks my heart. I don't want to overdose her with Tylenol and baby orajel kind of freaks me out. But I have been using them both because she has been in SO MUCH PAIN. I also have been getting a wet rag and putting in the freezer then giving it to her to chew on. She seems to like that. Then she also has her other frozen teethers. 

But I'm asking all my fellow mommies. Was there anything else that you did to help your little ones through this terrible time for them? 


Also, don't forget to enter the giveaway. you can enter all day today and i'll announce the winner tomorrow morning since I wont be around tonight.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I haven't reached that rough stage yet... sorry it's hard. Glad to hear she likes that little jungle again. We just put ours away because now that Addy rolls she won't stay in it. It made sad :(

Jamie W said...

Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets. Works like a charm! :)

This Cookn' Mom said...

Keep using the cold things for her to suck on. I also used homeopathic teething tablets. If you want to reduce tylenol usage, you may try alternating tylenol and motrin, both my kids do better when I do that. Some kids are better with motrin. In my opinion, motrin works better for inflammatory conditions such as teething. Good Luck!!

kristenplumb said...

Tell Brooklynn to give some of her teeth to Julia...Julia is going to be a toothless one-year-old!

Dani said...

OHHHH poor girly. My daughter is almost one and have 8 teeth...the molars haven't cut yet...but from all the stories I'm dreading it!

Bobbi said...

I love your blog and the guest post you did (I also commented on that). Your daughter is absolutely darling. Great job :)

{Bobbi}
http://fashionunder30.blogspot.com/

Mrs MacKenzie said...

Stumbled across your post on happiness on another blog. I really liked it. You are brave and inspiring.

As for teething - Ibuprofen works way better than tylenol. Give the correct dosage every six hours, like the bottle says. The first 6 hours it doesn't seem to be very effective, but if you keep her medicated over a longer period of time you will notice a big difference.