Thursday, August 11, 2011

movies & thinking about walking

In the last 24 hours I saw TWO movies. Yes, two.
Last night after the hubby got off work my little bro came over to watch Brooklynn while we went on a little movie date. And when I saw baby sit I mean come over and use our internet, eat food, and watch tv, while occasionally looking at the baby monitor to make sure she's still sleeping. :) 
Anywho, we went and saw "Crazy, Stupid, Love".
Let me tell you something... it was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time! I was laughing the entire time and I LOVED the way in all unfolded in the end! I wont say anymore then that because I don't want to give it away if you haven't seen it. 
But if you haven't, GO SEE IT if you're looking for a good laugh!

Then, this morning I went and saw a 9am movie with my friend Stephanie.
We saw "The Help".
I read this book about 2 months ago and could not put it down. It was by far one of my favorite books ever! Naturally, I was very excited for the movie! So this morning since it is really the only time our husbands are home we headed to the theater for an early movie.
It was everything I expected and more! Incredible!!! I would definitely go see it again and also I would suggest seeing it even if you didn't read the book. 
But you should totally read the book too.

On a different note Brooklynn looked super cute today in an outfit that her MiMi bought for her. So I had to get some photos! Also, she is getting SO close to walking. She wants to be able to do it so bad. She can stand up in the middle of the room with no help at all. The other day she took 3 steps but of course when we were trying to get it on video today we could only get her to take one small one.
 But it's still cute nonetheless!



this was on our walk :)

and here's a video for you all!






oh and don't forget to go enter my giveaway at
just.lovely.things

7 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad the movie was good! I read the book during Christmas and loved it so I can't wait to see it. I just hate when they don't do the book justice!

Cerrisse said...

I have been wanting to see Crazy Stupid Love, it's just finding time to do it. By the way your little girl is so dang cute!

Katie said...

I am so jealous!! I have been baggy the hubs to go see both those movies and now I will have to tell him I heard they were good!

Tasha said...

love you blog!

tasha from wearebeautifulbecausewearewomen.blogspot.com

Whim Wham Life said...

I just saw The Help yesterday! Loved it:-) Usually I read the book first before I see the movie, but this time I did it all a little topsy turvy! Worth it! xoxo

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

Thank you for your comment! Love your blog-- I will follow along! Also agree-- "Crazy, Stupid Love" was amazing! God bless and take care,
Heather

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Awww. Look at that sweet baby! LOVE these pics!

I also LOVED reading The Help...and I cannot wait to see it!! :)